WiNotKnit?

Yet another knitting blog, with elements of suspense and mystery thrown in ...

Thursday, April 13, 2006

I Done Been Tagged

Here are the answers to the latest meme:

Five weird things about myself:

1. Although a Summa Cum Laude English major at a private college, I can never spell "occasionally" correctly on the first try.
2. I am the only person I know who has read Every Single Page of Will and Ariel Durant's _The Story of Civilization_. (Shouldn't there be some large monetary reward for that?)
3. I can speak and read simple Russian.
4. I find authors I like, and then read through every word they have ever written before going on to another author. I also try to collect the whole works of my favorite authors, and have substantially all of the works of John Buchan, J.B. Priestley, Charles Dickens, E.C.R. Lorac and Ann Bridge.
5.Mentally, I live in England.

Seven Things I would like to Do before I Die:

1. Go on a 10-day walking tour of Cornwall, England with Contours Ltd.
2. Visit my mother's childhood home in the Ardennes of Belgium with all of my children, and stop off at the beach in Ostende for a month on the same trip.
3. Spend a month in New Zealand, knitting my head off.
4. Lead 20+ people to Christ.
5. Run a storefront yarn shop in towm called Niwot Knits .... Wi Not Knit?
6. Learn to do Calligraphy in a reliably beautiful hand.
7. Become famous for something meaningful so my high school unrequited crush would know what he missed.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Jan said…

    Shoot. I used occAsionally on my blog today. I knew I had spelled it wrong, but couldn't figure out what I had done, and didn't bother with the spell check. I know now. I guess I could go back and fix it, but I probably won't.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    I studied Russian for a little while because my grandfather speaks it. (He's first generation Russian-American.) I'm afraid I can only say hello in acouple different ways now...

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger beads-n-books said…

    I wish I could think of 5 weird things about me - can you help me think of any? As far as 10 things I'd like to do before I die goes- I think completing all the small details in all the days of my life before I die will have to do..

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger Jenni said…

    I was a Summa Cum Laude English major too!

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Miss Knotty said…

    That's cool! I almost always get occasionally right on the first try, and I won 16 out of 20 spelling bees in grade 4. Go me.

    That's my weird fact.

    So what's on the needles, girl?!

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger jae said…

    looks like lotsa fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home