WiNotKnit?

Yet another knitting blog, with elements of suspense and mystery thrown in ...

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Today I am full of Whim and Vinegar - I could conquer the world!

Well, not exactly, but I remember when my mother said that after a great night's sleep.


I did find a moment to bid on some pastel roving which has made my day. (Yay, it posted!) Even if I lose the auction, I have possessed it for a little while. I used to be a better spinner than I now am, since I used to have more splurge time when I had fewer children, but I must admit, that my darling children do have the sense not to touch Mama's knitting needles, yarn or spinning wheel. That alone raises their I.Q.s about 75 points above the average, and that is saying something.

I must brag on my 6 year old son - yesterday he was trapped in the bathroom with an empty toilet paper roll. He called out for assistance, and then yelled, "Never mind!" That last communication got me running in fear of what he had done, faster than his first cry for assistance got me going. When I arrived on the scene, all was sweetness and light. Simon said, "I found a new roll on the sink counter." I asked "Where is it now?" He replied, "I put it on the toilet paper hanger." And he had. I was gratified and astonished. He now qualifies for sainthood.

I finished a pomatomus sock yesterday, made of Knitpick's alpaca and silk shimmer (2 balls, knit with a doubled yarn). It is drying on the cutting board, and I am not sure what I think of the outcome. I enjoyed the pattern, but I did get confused at two critical junctures, and I had to frog more often than usual. Finding all the stitches in a lace pattern which continually changes is deserving of a medal. Where is mine? (I will settle for the Knitting Olympics button.) My tension changed as I got used to the pattern, and now the top is very loose and the foot is snug. Know anyone with fat calves?

We had a good showing of the house yesterday, so the agent says. The buyers were not sure they wanted to move, but after they saw our house, (5419omaha.com) they wanted to move. Good vibes. This afternoon we have three agents coming to see the house with clients almost simultaneously (with "simultaneity, " as my dad would like to say. It is hard to get to use that word.) I hope they all bump into each other and scare each other into competitive bids.

I also hope all your days are filled with "Whim and Vinegar."





4 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Thanks for the supportive comment on my blog. Good luck with the KO!

     
  • At 3:11 AM, Blogger jessie said…

    A male who can put the TP on the roll? That's the first time I've ever heard of that.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Miss Knotty said…

    Thank you so much for your offer! I'll have to find out what 'wraps per inch' means and let you know. You're such a sweetheart!!!!

    :) -Regina

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Ivy said…

    In your comment on the Yarn Harlot site you mentioned a washer/dryer that needed a different thumbprint to work. I struck a chord with me because it has fabulous pathos for a short story, but I can't find the thing online anywhere to get a sense of what it looks like and how it works. Can you please send me a link?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home