WiNotKnit?

Yet another knitting blog, with elements of suspense and mystery thrown in ...

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Hmmmm. How strahnge.


That's very strahnge. - This is a useful comment, it makes people notice you and interrupts the smooth running of their mental trains. A shakeup does everybody good.

"Mind the gap." All two of my constant readers may have noticed that I have not posted for a little while. Thanks for caring. I had a small person with a big bout of tummy troubles, and it kept me up and anxious until at last his fever went away.

Short story you must hear: When Graham's older brother Simon was only 2+a few months, he got pretty feverish for a few days. I kept putting my hand on his head and asking, "Do you have a fever?" I did this nearly constantly for almost a week, and when he was better, we went for a short walk around the block to see an equally small friend of Simon's. On the journey, we had to pass an ill-kempt rental property which had bushes strung out all across the sidewalk. I pushed my way through with Simon in my arms, and he got scraped a little on his forehead by some yew branches. He turned to me and said, "Mama, I got poked in my fever." I managed not to drop him while I laughed.

BIG NEWS: Three significant items to share. 1: I won my roving!!! That lovely photograph below this post is mine, mine, mine. (I will have to atone for my avarice by spinning it into a present.) 2. A dear friend of mine sent me an early birthday present (since the ebay auction was ending) of a Royal Ball Winder!!!! It arrived very suddenly, and after my six year old son assembled it perfectly (one would assume he could read, but he merely guesses preternaturally accurately), we wound many, many balls of heretofore annoying snarls of yarn into plump, attractive, project-inspiring units. It is much like spinning 101, with no slubs or mistakes; all the tension is taken out of the process. For a quick fix of "success" in an otherwise unprofitable day, I recommend a ball winder -- it will delude your ambitions for a short while, at least.

Thirdly - we are getting an offer on the house (www.5419omaha.com)!!!! A lovely family with six (that is, 6) children have found it ideal, and we are calling all pray-ers to submit applications to the Lord of Lords to push this deal through to the satisfaction of all parties. After 8 months, this looks like the promised land!!
(It makes me happier than the ball winder, even... how strahnge.)

My Olympic tams are shaping up nicely. I discovered to my amazement that my project for these 16 days was too easy for my moderate skill level. They consist of sock-like patterning with no need to make a second boring duplicate. I will have to haul out all of my unfinished items and dig through to the end of them, which will be an Olympian feat in itself, though not a fun one. (If I had wanted _that_ to be my Knitting Olympics project, I would have made it so.) My stash of unfinished objects consists of a second pomatomus sock, and a very thick vermilion bolero which I began at one knitting tension and discovered to my dismay that I am completing at a second, much different tension. Does this mean a total re-knit? I certainly hope not.

It is 9 chilly degrees here today, up from -12.4 this morning when I went to work. I hope all of your days are merry and warmer than ours. (Lord, I hope there is no one caught shelterless in the snow this weekend...)


I will post the results of God's mercy (and photos of the Olympic tams) on Monday when we get the house offer!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    Yep, I'm in there with you! It is great to have *sisters* to keep in touch with. : )

    Your Friend,

    Shelly

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Congrats on winning your purchase on e-bay!!

    I've sent up a prayer for you with regard to the house!!

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger beads-n-books said…

    Hi Titine24! I just created a blog myself! What fun, what fun - I loved the comment on the Knitting Harlot's comment list about "making fraternal twin" socks!

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    Nice looking tams!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home