WiNotKnit?

Yet another knitting blog, with elements of suspense and mystery thrown in ...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Every Letter Capital

Today was the Pit -- with every letter capital!

As if that makes it worse...

Well the Wheel of Fate, that medieval concept which never quite goes out of style, has once again sent this family flying over the top of freedom and happiness and is crushing us into the miry depths. We hope it is just a temporary thing.

The hoped-for offer, which we were speculating on with great glee, failed to materialize. What _did_ materialize was a phone call on Sunday afternoon from the very nice interested buyers saying that they were unable to pull together financing in a way that did not leave them with unacceptable risk. Sitting in a morass of unacceptable risk ourselves, we considered that it was only fair that they should take their turn, and let us get out of the full force of the stream, but they were wiser than we were in our turn. Sigh. There were two families who were miserably sad that evening. I almost called the other wife to commiserate. I still may.

Then our situation got worse.

How, you ask? Sprinkler pipes freezing, spraying by the south side of our house at gallons per hour, causing water to build up and seep into our basement, that is how. I did descend to the point of crying at one point when I couldn't get a plumber to come out for the gushing, squishy emergency. Then I picked up the little Graham and rushed to our next-door-neighbor who has a rental duplex (and a side job as a superher0) and is familiar with many household things that go wrong. Miraculously, he was home. He and I dug through the snow to find the sprinkler turn-off, and he wrenched that thing into proper submission, and the crisis was over. How does one reward such significant kindness? Please leave your suggestions in the comments to this post. My Aunt Pat can make a heckuva Raisin Pie -- I may have to ask for the recipe for the neighbor.

My knitting you ask? What knitting? I am currently stalled on the third tam, apparently the wool I am using is ancient (ahem -- vintage) rug wool from England, and it is uncooperative, but will be warm when I get the pattern to settle down into a rhythm (? - it looks weird spelt that way). I did get some balls of snarled yarn rolled into smooth balls-with-center-pulls today, and it was very therapeutic, thank you. I have a few days to get re-oriented and into a knitting frame of mind before I blow the closing ceremonies. The TV room was in the basement and it is currently out of commission, and the TV is too heavy to lug up the stairs to a more convenient location. Drat.

Let me leave with a Scripture: Psalm 13 --

"How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

until verse 5 --

"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me."

Stay tuned for the second half of that Scripture to be made manifest, since,

"All His promises are "Yes" in Christ Jesus, and so through him we say "Amen" to the glory of God."

4 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    Hi Christine! Thank you for the email. You can email me directly at runswithneedles at gmail dot com.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    I'll definitely be keeping you and your family in my prayers. Enjoy your family and time with the Lord and try not to spend time worrying. He is *always* there and faithful.

    Your Friend,

    Shelly

    Romans 15:13
    Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Miss Knotty said…

    I'm so sorry to hear about your house frustration. It's so lovely, I would totally buy it if I could. :( I'd make every room a different craft room, and still have room left over to entertain company (which I have NO room to do where I live now.)

    I'll be praying for you. The Lord will bring you through your troubles. He has an amazing way. You may not understand what goes on right now, or why, but you don't need to. Just trust in Him.

    -The Whimsy/Regina

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Miss Knotty said…

    Hey, you can totally use 'coolio', although it's not a Whimsy original - in fact, I think it is a rapper's name... So use it at your discretion. :)

    Another bible name that rocks: Mephibosheth.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home